Saturday, September 4, 2010

Movie Lovers R Us

Ever since I can remember I have loved movies and can easily be caught up in story of even the simplest of films. So it should come at no surprise that I fill the silence in the mornings with a movie, I suppose that it helps my day start.
   Today I was in a particular mood, so I threw in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. And as the end drew nearer and the music transitioned to a soft and thoughtful tune, I was became blatantly aware that the next movie in the serious is to be released come this November. I admit that I am smiling even as I type the release date, but it is bitter sweet.
   For those of us who have been hooked long before the series hit the big screen, back when the only way you could go to Hogwarts was by cracking open the book. Many may remember when we were all so very anxious to know the secret behind The Goblet of Fire, and what The Dark Lord's insidious plan was. It seems as only yesterday when my brother and I were fighting over whose turn it was to read a chapter in the long awaited Order of the Phoenix. Now we find ourselves waiting for the two-part final chapter hits the silver screen.
My question is: what movies are we to wait for once July comes?
                                                                                                                    THERE IS HOPE
The demand for movies is increasing, however the ideas are becoming far less original. Take Avatar for example was the story of Pocahontas on CGI steroids. Believe me when I say it was among the most visually stunning movies within the last few years, but it was lacking in script originality. Most directors are turning to novels, more so now, then in the past, because of the fan-base. However, it can be presumed that the Harry Potter series will remain one of the most successful in movie history, more so because of its length. I can only assume that the whole world will be waiting for what could possible trump this epic story. Until we find that out... July is dooms day!

No comments:

Post a Comment